Today we went on a day-trip to Wellington to attend the Digital Inclusion Research Forum @ NetHui 2019.
The goals of the forum were: (1) to share information about recent digital inclusion research and findings
(2) to identify gaps in the digital inclusion research agenda and suggest possible solutions
There were some great talks on topics such as:
- Understanding Digital Inclusion amongst Digitally Disadvantaged Groups
- The Government Digital Inclusion Research Agenda
- Education and Equity of Access for Students
- Towards a more digitally-included society
- Centering our Values: Open access for Aotearoa
It was a long day for us as we had to get the 6:25am flight from Dunedin to Wellington, and then a shuttle transfer from the airport to Te Papa museum.
We had a bit of time to grab a quick breakfast before the 9am start of the informal meet and greet.
There was a lot of information and research that was presented throughout the day and there was time for questions and discussion at the end of each topic.
At the end of the day we were also invited to the Digital Inclusion Alliance Aotearoa (DIAA) Annual General Meeting before being picked up by a shuttle to get out 7:15pm flight back to Dunedin.
It was a great experience, a great networking opportunity for us, and we look forward to the possibility of attending another such forum in the future!